Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Japanese style female Assassin (concept by Muck Muck)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
Hello polycounters....

came across this cool concept by "muck muck' on ArtStation titled, Assassin....muck.artstation.com

In'm in dire need of some finished game-assets in the folio... so taking a break from working on my own stuff, spins etc to work on some solid concepts to have some solid models for the folio...

C&C are much welcome....

Concept by "muck muck".... muck.artstation.com

Made an armor kit... still got a few pieces left to make....

Replies

• GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7

WIP images and a quick pose....

• GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Updates:

Been getting some of the smaller details together like the ornamentation, shoes etc.... started working on the materials in marmoset....

• fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    This looks nice. =]

However just 2 things that stood out to me. 
    Head looks too small (when comparing to the concept art this is the case as well)
    Her legs seem super long. I think if you'd make her hips/legs a bit thicker, that could make it look a bit more natural. 
  • momentum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    momentum polycounter lvl 18
    woah! looking awesome
  • GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks momentum, glad you like it so far!

@faith G..... thanks for the feed back, much appreciated!

I do not mind if the head is a little small since I'm going for 7.5 - 8.5 heroic height (roughly). I do think the feet might be a little big, and shins a little too long contributing to that... thighs hips etc could stand to be fattened up a bit. Right now the body and clothing are dynameshed... but once I get all the elements in place and the figure and clothing retoped I'll tweak the default pose and proportions in transpose master. Right now I need to tackle the scale armor on the  sleaves.... not sure how I'm going to go about that yet.... might be a job for vector displacement alpha's I'm thinking.
  • GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Ok so looking more closely at the concept the scale pattern on the sleeves are just a fabric pattern and not scaled armor. But I kinda like that idea maybe for at least one of the sleeves... well see...

anyway here are some marmoset renders from yesterday..... 

• fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    I was going to comment on the 'scale armour' but you figured it out yourself. =]
    Usually patterns like that on Japanese clothing are well... patterns.

If you want the pattern to be semi 3d, you could always try to go for an embroidery type of look for it. 
  • GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    @ faithG.... yes...I might go for some kind of bump with the clothing pattern...

updates:

been working on finishing up the accessories. Wasn't crazy about the pauldron in the concept so took some liberties with it....
    cauldron sculpt and some look dev for the metals...

• GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Pauldron clean up.....

• GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Only had time to get some small updates in tonight... proportion and pose adjustments, sculpting in some details, Armor straps and the back accessory....

C&C welcome....

thanks for looking! 

• GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Updates: 

Almost done with the accessories. Took another pass at the pauldron to fix the teeth, brow, and relieve some of the lumpyness. Also wanted to get the new accessories on the model and get it in  and try something different with the pose. Pose is rough and her hands are a bit mangled n stuff.... didn't want to spend to much time on it since it isn't final, and posing it also informs me of other issues etc.... 

accessory kit....

Clay

and marmoset renders....