Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warcraft Buildings

tekkhi
null
Offline / Send Message
tekkhi null
Hello! 

First post, i'm in my final week of a university assignment and am just wondering if I can get some pointers for some things to do on my project during the final week to improve them before I hand in. :)

They are some warcraft buildings which I have tried to recreate into a newer art style from something akin to Overwatch/Heroes of the Storm.  

Replies

• tekkhi
  • CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Could you post some images of the original models, for comparison. They look pretty good, is this lowpoly or highpoly?
  • wormo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    Looks very cool. Might also be nice to see some renders done in a similar fashion to how the game camera would be positioned.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    It looks good but I think it is really busy in some areas and doesn't give room for your eyes to rest.  The 1st floor on fortress works well because you have a few bricks sticking out but nothing too crazy.  Above that though, every brick sticks out and it makes it hard to track.  I think the house looks great because you have large defining shapes on the silhouette and then rest area between beams.
  • polypassion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polypassion polycounter lvl 9
    It's a great idea and a great start. What will bring this work to the next level is playing with shapes. As far as I remember Warcraft architecture has more exaggerated almost cartoony style, right now your models look like they're from a more serious fantasy game, like Warhammer. So, without changing anything, choose the most prominent part of a building and exaggerate it, then try playing with deformers to achieve more stylized shape. Something like this 

There's really no limit to how exaggerated a shape can get. Look up Fable Legends architecture as an example of that.
  • KingKellogg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KingKellogg polycounter lvl 6
    I wouldnt exaggerate ot too much