Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Katara "Waterbending Master"

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
shaqcox polycounter lvl 8
Finally finished the character from a failed group project. Katara form "Avatar the Last Airbender" this is my first just project in Marmoset and I only plan on getting better. I initially wanted to render the final images in Maya i ran into a couple of road bumps and decided to use Marmoset Toolbag. I'm happy with the results and ready to move on and improve. Hope you guys like it.
https://www.artstation.com/shaqcox

Final images in Marmoset ToolbagTest images in Maya Reference 

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    While i think it's kinda cool that you've gone for a more realistic take on the character, and looked at some Inuit women as reference, i think you've pushed too far and lost the essence of the character herself.

Related image
    FileKatara angrypng

You've made her head about 50% bigger than it should be, she looks like some sort of goblin as a result. Her skin color is most certainly on the lighter scale of your references, you've gone too dark. Her nose is much narrower, and her face shorter.

I think you can still push a somewhat realistic direction without making her look like someone completely different, but you definitely need to redo the head.