Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first mecha

yudin
null
Offline / Send Message
yudin null

What would you advise to improve the quality?  :)
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vWmwv

Soft: Blender3d, Cinema4d, Fusion360, PS

Replies

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    Hey man It looks good so far. Just using more references should help more. As far as I can see the model is good you just need to work more on the textures, adding stuff like dirt, metal rust, stickers, letters. panels (basically square lines throughout your model)  Also you could try and play with the size of those things, making sure you have the large, medium and small texture details.
    Final thing is to experiment with the color pallet of your model.

Here are some examples that you could look at (from the game Metal Gear Solid I think)

• Metroplex_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Metroplex_art polycounter lvl 3
    Nice little Mech dude  :), I think it would be cool (just my own opinion) to make it with some kind of purpose, for example, a Medical Unit or something. 
  • yudin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yudin null
    Svyat said:
    Hey man It looks good so far. Just using more references should help more. As far as I can see the model is good you just need to work more on the textures, adding stuff like dirt, metal rust, stickers, letters. panels (basically square lines throughout your model)  Also you could try and play with the size of those things, making sure you have the large, medium and small texture details.
    Final thing is to experiment with the color pallet of your model.

Here are some examples that you could look at (from the game Metal Gear Solid I think)

excellent reference , thanks!
  • yudin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yudin null
    Nice little Mech dude  :), I think it would be cool (just my own opinion) to make it with some kind of purpose, for example, a Medical Unit or something. 
    This is a fair comment, thank you
  • MykulJaxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MykulJaxin polycounter lvl 4
    Looking at the excellent suggested references, maybe add some asymmetrical elements?
  • yudin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yudin null
    Looking at the excellent suggested references, maybe add some asymmetrical elements?
    on the next mech I will fix my mistakes. this mech let it remain so