Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Cat Person, Critique welcome!

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Sabtherobot polygon
Been working on this small project with the intent to strengthen my ability to shade skin (as well as in general improve on shading) Any critique would be appreciated but especially any advice on the materials would be amazing! (Im using substance painter for texturing and marmoset to render))

Here are some renders from marmoset:

Thanks!!

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Is it a Sss material? I dont know if marmoset has any type of subsurface materials, but if you want better skin shader, you should go with that. Currently I see no detail in the skin , seems like soft rubber with a bit of noise. To do a more realistic skin you have to take the time and add different kind of wrinkles manually, each skin part has their own way of wrinkling and differrent kind of pores. I think your character is awesome, and if you get to make the skin better, you can triple the quality.
  • Sabtherobot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sabtherobot polygon
    Larry said:
    Is it a Sss material? I dont know if marmoset has any type of subsurface materials, but if you want better skin shader, you should go with that. Currently I see no detail in the skin , seems like soft rubber with a bit of noise. To do a more realistic skin you have to take the time and add different kind of wrinkles manually, each skin part has their own way of wrinkling and differrent kind of pores. I think your character is awesome, and if you get to make the skin better, you can triple the quality.
    Thats an awesome pointer thanks! Ill go in and add some more and reinforce some of the wrinkle work that I think is getting washed out.  Thanks a lot for the advice!