Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BMW 8 Series WIP

Tom Widdowson
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Tom Widdowson polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys haven't posted in a while as I've been really busy but managed to find some time to make a start on this XD. 

For all your car guys out there the 8 series in my opinion is one of the most badass cars out there, I still think to this day it looks like something straight out of night rider.

Currently still a WIP  but I think for the most part the front end is nearing completion. Currently fighting with the wings/doors as there are some very tricky arch flares and lines that run down the car. I decided to go with the sport model which included the m tech bumpers and mirrors. I also have a set of style 5 deep dish wheels which are also nearing completion which I will post soon :D

Also undecided on if i'm going to go down the stanced look once the model is complete. I think it would make for some really interesting renders and a lovely piece.  

I am also looking for advice on how other people approach vehicle modelling and what techniques they use. I have enjoyed the process up to now but have found some areas tricky and time consuming, especially as I said in areas with complex curves, e.g. wings, doors.

Replies

• Tom Widdowson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tom Widdowson polycounter lvl 3

Found a little more time last weekend to complete the skirt and add in the windshield. 

The skirt was surprisingly tricky to do, it has some complex shapes as it tapers towards the middle. The 8 series only came with this type of skirt and there was no sport version. This is similar to how the body kit works with the e38, with the sports models only having sporty wheels and suspension. I was kind of hoping BMW to do a similar style to the "Twisty" skirts found on the e36 but this car is way too classy for this XD.