Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot 2017 Creative Contest] Jax Mask Off

I'm extremely hyped about this contest, therefore I want to use the opportunity and give some love to one of my favourite champions - Jax. I want to delve into the idea of Jax's appearance and explore the ways I can show the audience what he looks like without really revealing his face. I'm planning to use other champions' emotions and actions in my scene, specifically Fiora's, to achieve my goal. I'm planning on implementing the sense of mystery, intrigue and maybe even intimidation with my piece. You won't see Jax's face, but Fiora's reaction will trigger some thoughts on what he might look like. It'll be one of those open-ended paintings which I'm a big fan of. Hopefully I'll get the necessary critique and feedback that will keep me going through this project. 
I chose as a central character because, in my opinion, he deserves more attention than he currently gets. I want Riot to notice me and expand more on this champion (maybe create a comic or give some more info on his background and/or his origin) 
I've done 3 thumbnails so far and will do more as soon as I get more ideas. C&C are more than welcome, in fact, please tell me which of one of the 3 scenes you prefer the most. Thank you! 

Replies