Home Technical Talk

Artomatix - Looking for alpha testers

sjxwalsh
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
sjxwalsh polycounter lvl 3

Hey guys,

I work for Artomatix, some of you may be familiar with us. We’re a small company attempting to use AI to improve the workflow of texturing artists. In the past we have put out a web tool to gain some feedback, and improve our technology.

Following on from that stage we have moved our software to be a stand alone desktop application. Currently we offer:

Automatic seam removal

Automatically remove seams from your textures, allowing them to immediately tile.

Texture mutation

Create variations or ‘mutations’ of your input materials. Artomatix generates a new results inspired by your input texture. This feature can even be used to grow out the material to larger sizes.

Texture map extraction

Artomatix extrapolates a full material from a single bitmap input.

We’re releasing into a closed Alpha on November 20th and we’re looking for interested, experienced artists to test and critique the software as we work on it.

We support both Nvidia and AMD cards, though recommended specs lay in the GTX 970/ R9 290 area and up.

Users are welcome to take all their results and use them as they say fit, all we ask is for is a small mention if you share your results.

Please feel free to apply here: https://artomatix.com/registration.php

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Totally recommended! Looks like an awesome tool - I spoke with Eric from Artomatix, and there's so much passion to make this a really great art tool! Give the Artomatix guys a hand at testing! :)
  • Derjyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Derjyn polycounter lvl 2
    I just recently installed the latest test version (I had been staring at the email about it in my inbox for some time, finally got to it today).  A lovely thing it did?  Force installed an old version of .NET, which in turned screwed up my system.  Several of my programs no longer work, a big one being Visual Studio and Unreal Engine.  So great job there, thanks for not making that redistributable install optional, or at least putting checks in for current versions of .NET.

I can't roll back using Microsoft's tools, as it detects that I have a newer version of .NET installed and won't push further.  So it's looking like I get to reinstall Windows if I can't find a solution to the .NET version hell that was unleashed.  Do your end-users a favor, and make that .NET bit optional.  A checkbox.  A simple checkbox.  I loathe forced redistributable installs.  Some users have advanced/custom setups on their systems, and this sort of thing can totally bork it.