Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[COMPLETE] No Remorse

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BigSisNatien triangle
A work in progress thread for a narrative focused on our seductive friend, Evelynn. My hopes are that this will be a sort of twisted, creepy, yet fun read. I normally work with fun and happy stories, so using a character like her is going to be my own little challenge.

Once I start posting progress for the actual story, all feedback and critique you'd like to provide are more than welcome! 

Draft 1 Notes
While reading through my first draft, I noticed a few spelling errors and word choices that definitely need to be fixed. In addition to that, there are a few key things I want to change to make a better draft:
  • Does Evelynn truly play the part of a hungry, sadistic demon, or does it feel as if she's missing key components of her personality?
  • Did the unnamed man act reasonably, or was his part far too unrealistic? This question also goes for Mary. I feel like they were way too calm and lacked proper emotion for the setting/event occurring. 

Draft 2 Notes
I took the time to read through my original draft again and edited it. Spelling errors were fixed, some words were changed, and sentences that I felt weren't important were removed. Also changed sentences that seemed redundant to make the story smoother. At first, I wanted the unnamed man to be slightly angry towards his daughter's existence, but I felt like it didn't really read that way in the story. He seemed more like a jerk that randomly changed his emotions at the last second. I completely flipped his personality to be a more loving father, but still pretty... Clueless, in a sense. Also changed some of Evelynn's thoughts to better suit her! There are some things to look at:
  • Does Evelynn seem to be as desperate as she's intended to be, or do her actions seem to be too reserved?
  • Again, does the unnamed man act reasonably in the heat of his wife's death? Should he be more fearful, more careful?
  • Does Mary have enough character that you can really feel for what inevitably happens to her? 

Replies