Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

2 Hit Attack Critique Pretty Please?

JhGreene
node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
JhGreene node
Hello!  I've been working on this animation for about a day and I would like you guys opinion on where I'm at with it!  I really wanna push this animation so any critique, especially when it comes to polish and offsetting, is vastly appreciated!  

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/201670#278187

Replies

• Einar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Einar polycounter lvl 5
    Hey! Fun to see some more Lisa work over here. Someones already given you a lot of good feedback, so you can start there. For the next iteration i would love to see it from a different angle as a lot of your animation is very far away, which both removes its impact and makes it hard to critique.

A move like this usually requires some camera movement treatment due to the huge distance covered

Once that's in place i would love to give you notes!
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey @JhGreene I left you some quick notes / drawovers (mostly in purple). The main things were to do with spacing and posing but what you have so far is pretty cool! Keep at it!

Like Einar said, it would be good to have a different camera angle as some of her posing seems off balance but it could just be the angle we're seeing. If you want any more feedback try posting a front and side view too :)
  • JhGreene
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JhGreene node
    Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply! I'll be sure to go over your notes and get something to you guys as quick as possible with multiple camera angles!
  • cambamkaboom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cambamkaboom polycounter lvl 7
    Hey this is really cool and you got a lot of great feedback already.

I'll just add that at frame 39, she's extremely off-balanced, so i would make more of a C-curve for the anticipation. It looks great. Just hit those notes everyone else mentioned and you're golden