Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help! How can I push this painting further?

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MarcoSkoog vertex
Heya!

I feel kinda lost with this painting, how can I push it further??

C&C very welcomed!!

Replies

• Doodlok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doodlok interpolator
    I'd say the overall perspective needs bit more clearing up. I can see what you're going for, but more dramatic sense of scale between foreground and midground (e.g: bring down horizon line and make stuff in foreground bigger) would help...I think. Also more value difference to suggest that sense of depth and scale, for instance, the rock and two people standing on the rock can use lighter shades of black so it would really push it further from the foreground.

I'd say try different brushes or size up the brushstroke in general until you really get into the fine detail level, to make things look more blocky (if that makes sense at all?) for more coherence. 

Take my words with caution, I'm not a master in this stuff neither :D hope it did somewhat of a constructive feedback. 
  • MarcoSkoog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoSkoog vertex
    Doodlok said:
    I'd say the overall perspective needs bit more clearing up. I can see what you're going for, but more dramatic sense of scale between foreground and midground (e.g: bring down horizon line and make stuff in foreground bigger) would help...I think. Also more value difference to suggest that sense of depth and scale, for instance, the rock and two people standing on the rock can use lighter shades of black so it would really push it further from the foreground.

I'd say try different brushes or size up the brushstroke in general until you really get into the fine detail level, to make things look more blocky (if that makes sense at all?) for more coherence. 

Take my words with caution, I'm not a master in this stuff neither :D hope it did somewhat of a constructive feedback. 
    Thanks! This really helped! I'll try it! :D