Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tiger 1 Tank

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Made in my free time to improve texturing skills and modelling skills. Made in 16K resolution with 4 different textures each one at 4K resolution. Feedback would be awesome as I am looking to improve my work everyday!
Regards.

Replies

• PBrain
    Offline / Send Message
    PBrain polycounter lvl 2
    Your modeling looks really solid! I would recommend working on the texturing a bit. The metal texture looks a bit big, maybe make it tile a little smaller. I really like the mud detail on the treads, but I think there should be more mud on the bottom of the tank too. You're on the right track! 
  • CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Its a bit hard to tell on the texture sheet you posted but I appears that you have unique textures for all the roadwheels and tread links.
    I think you could have gotten away with instancing most of them to save texture space.
    Textures look a bit bland to be honest and it looks like youve applied a generic dirt material on the entire tank. It doesn't look like metal or zimmerit which is a bit weird. The scratches on the exhaust covers looks too deep since the covers are of relatively thin metal the damage would have torn the metal.

Its a good start though, the shape is good and with some work the textures can become pretty good as well :smile:
  • raulgarcia3D
    @PBrain
    Thanks for that feedback man! I will work on those details you mentioned, when I spend weeks on a project I just get a bit blind and make some mistakes hehe. Ill post some updates when I get some stuff done! Thanks man, really aprecciate your time  :):)
  • raulgarcia3D
    @CybranM
    (I will post down below some textures so you are able to see more in detail)
    Thanks for that awesome feedback really.  I do not usually get responses as deep as yours so I am really grateful Cybran.
    The wheels UV's are instances, it would have been crazy to make them one by one, it's just that I have moved some elements to get more resolution on the UV Map.  I will take that feedback and see how it looks, the tank has a material on it, but as you said it looks really generic and not detailed. I will work on that. Thanks for your time man! Aprecciate it lots.  :):)

UV MAP

ALBEDO (Without Ambient Occlusion)

Ambient Occlusion
  • Mikevshero
    Looking good man, really like the modelling and detail you have included on the tracks :) I agree that the normals on the scratches/dents are a bit too strong, and they are a little big as well, so would try toning them down a bit and maybe add some silver to give the impression that its scratched the paint off. keep it up :)