Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylish City - WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
SasiPasi polycounter lvl 3
I´m trying to make a city environment very basic but good looking. Im not professional in using Unity and in modeling, but i will try my best to make a good project and also learn a lot through the process.
I will be posting pictures and information, as well as what im currently doing in this post.
Hope you like it.

What im working on now:
  • Making windows for the scenes, mainly a nice material that gives the building something to look at.
  • Modeling the rest of the buildings
  • Taking references in real life through photography.
  • Working on textures that have this kind of realistic but stylish look

Replies

• SasiPasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • SasiPasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just starting to model the first building. Windows aren't done already but im working on them, just that I don't know how to achieve them in an stylish way.

Main problem about this is to get a nice window material that can reflect but in a good looking way, this means that im not looking for realism but I don't want a cartoonish looking like environment either.
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Why don't you just blockout the walls and place the windows on top of them? Nobody is going to be seeing the interior so just do a paintover for the glass and some emissive for the light are fine
  • SasiPasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry said:
    Why don't you just blockout the walls and place the windows on top of them? Nobody is going to be seeing the interior so just do a paintover for the glass and some emissive for the light are fine
    Yeah, its the thing that I was thinking about, I think that it is what im going to do, anyway it would be the best solution and the easiest too.