Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seven Deadly Sins character/creature design - Pride (Seeking Feedback!)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Stygias polycounter lvl 4

Replies

• Stygias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Can you explain me your reasoning behind combining all this this and call it "Pride " and whats his relation to sin pride 
    Also whats your end goal is this just design challenge for yourself or is it game creature is there any backstory ,description that you start from ?
    Crossed hands is not something someone prideful will do , more like something like superman chest out heroic stance 
  • Torsoaril
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torsoaril polycounter lvl 5
    Could do with your thought process between what relates it to the sin Pride. If you had poped up that it's a generic monster/ demon design then it's a cool idea, I just need more context and normally if you have to explain yourself then you aren't hitting the mark. Hope this helps. Think of your message and brief. You set the idea of the sin Pride, think of what that invokes could be a monster that loves to look at itself so carries mirrors or it always looks down at others or something.

I looked at your notes are you actually trying to convey the punishment for the Sin of Pride ?
  • Stygias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys! 
    I designed this creature using the punishments and symbolic associations to pride, as @Torsoaril mentioned. Maybe I should rename it to something along the lines of Punisher of Pride? (The name/title will need work)
    With the crossed arms, I was thinking that the creature would be too prideful to use all four arms. But I see what you mean about crossed arms not feeling too prideful.