Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Run and Jump / Critique

lucasmz
null
Offline / Send Message
lucasmz null
Hey guys! I did this Run and Jump and will be nice to see some critique. Thanks :)

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/195144#261083

Replies

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Run has a nice rhythm to it.

Your biggest issue is the timing/spacing on the jump. It's too fast and there are some big spacing pops. The horizontal motion during the entire time the character is in the air needs to be constant.

F49-50 is too big of a jump In TY and TZ.

I would go back and revisit that section. There are areas of improvement elsewhere but the jump is the biggest offender.
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    left you some notes :) 
  • ajramsey28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajramsey28 triangle
    hi, I think your poses are pretty good but the run feels really slow and the jump feels really fast. Im not sure what kind of run you are going for right now it reads goofy to me. I noticed that the feet, at least to me, while looking at normal time hit the ground flat when he should be landing  mid foot(if running correctly) or his heels(if running incorrectly) and they feel like they stick a bit. I think if you are going for a goofy run his jump should match the run, like a silly jump, if that makes sense XD.  Those are some things I have noticed. I hope this helps. :) cant wait to see more!