Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] disable right click menu permanently

dlz
dlz
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
dlz polycounter lvl 4
Maybe it's a newbie question but there's a way to disable the double click right menu permanently?
I mean i can go to preferences/interface/navigation and then uncheck the button but i have to do every time i open zbrush, for some reason this is not saved when i save the config, so every time i have to uncheck that.
Also i want to save some default values on the dynamesh options, like blur 0 and uncheck the reproject button by default, is that posible?

Replies

• Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    You need to store config (Preference > Config > Store Config) for zbrush to commit any preference changes that you just made.
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    Revel   yes, i did that, but for some reason some preferences like the ones that i said don't save, with the custom menus, custom hotkeys and the custom interface i have no problems but with what i said in the first message it didnt save that
  • floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    @dlz
    Macros might be what you are looking for. They are easy to set up and you can tailor them to you specific needs. If you are familiar with actions in Photoshop, you already know 90% of is needed.

Open the Macro panel
    Click "New Macro"
    Click No
    Set up Zbrush after your liking
    Finish by selecting "End Macro" (again in the Macro panel)
    Save in the misc folder or create a new folder (in ...\ZStartup\Macros)

Now you only have to run that macro once after you started Zbrush :)

A few things to keep in mind:
    If you only want to change a settings that are available right after startup (like brush settings), you are good to go.
    Changing stuff like dynamesh settings is still possible, but you would first get into a state where dynamesh is actually available (in other words you need an Polymesh 3D for that).

Regardless these limitations is would still think Macros could be a fast/easy solution for you needs. Hope this helps :)!
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    @floon Hey, thank  you a lot! This is what i'm looking for.
    Like you said with dinamesh its more dificult and i ended with a mesh, and that's not what i always want.. But anyways its a good way to change especific things of the preferences(or other things) that are not stored by the normal way.