Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4R8 P2 GoZ not importing from ZB to Max and other issues

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
instg8r polycounter lvl 8
Hi all. I've been using GoZ in 4r7 and Max 2015 for quite some time and have recently updated both applications to Zbrush 4R8 P2 and Max 2018.

GoZ from Max 2018 to Zbrush works great.

Zbrush to Max 2018 not so great.

To expand on that, when attempting to GoZ from ZB to Max, it ALWAYS opens a new Max scene (even though I have the scene I want GoZ to send the tool to open already), but does not bring the model over to either open instance of Max. There have been a small handful of times where I have gotten it work by some alignment of stars. Those times it still opened up another Max scene, but at least it brought over the tool into my current working scene. 

I've tried doing a force reinstall of GoZ, updating the pathing, as well as clearing out the cache. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there something I'm not doing correctly or missing?

Also, I've had nothing but issues with the native Dynamesh function in the new 4R8 P2 (never ending processing times as well as borked results when it has finished processing). I reinstalled the Dynamesh Master plug-in and things are gravy again. Right now it's no longer a factor for me since Dynamesh Master is working fine, but it this a known issue for others?

Thanks again for all the help!

Replies