Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Slaughtered Calf Inn - Diablo 3 Environment Fanart

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Caiterade polycounter lvl 3
Heyo! This is my semester project. I'm going to be doing it in pbr and trying to find some way of keeping it as spooky as Peet Cooper's concept but with normals and sculptyness.

Peet Cooper's Concept/3d Model - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xJwxX

The entirety of Diablo is obviously Activision Blizzard's but from what i understand he concepted, textured, and built it so i feel like giving individual credit in this case is necessary.

I'm trying to match up the proportions as best i can before i move on to sculpts and detail passes. Critiques highly encouraged and welcomed - this is an immense learning project for me.

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Hey!

This looks good proportionally (and from what i remember of the game it looks accurate enough). I do have a concern though:
    You're starting to stack up on WIP's. Your artstation has two, and scaning your posts on polycount, they were never finished. You got to learn to finish, seriously! It's the most important skill you can have!
  • Caiterade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Caiterade polycounter lvl 3
    Hey!

This looks good proportionally (and from what i remember of the game it looks accurate enough). I do have a concern though:
    You're starting to stack up on WIP's. Your artstation has two, and scaning your posts on polycount, they were never finished. You got to learn to finish, seriously! It's the most important skill you can have!
    You aint wrong :V Health setbacks didn't let me finish my semester so i have a pile of projects that didnt get done. So now it's just picking and choosing what's worth finishing with the new pile of schoolwork. Bleh. Legitimately not sure.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I hear you.

In that case, don't worry too much about them being on the back burner (for now). But you should be sure to finish them after this, i assume this is a school piece.

As far as this goes, You're not far off. There are a couple of scale issues, your camera angle seems to be just about right so i'd probably leave that just as it is and build from there. But here are the scalar adjustments i'd make:

• Markmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Markmars triangle
    Hi!
    Perfect the house.
    You can add details ...
    I hope you find this useful.
    Good luck!