Home Unreal Engine

Unreal 4 link to phone

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
daviddionne polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys!

I'm working on a project with some friends and i would know if it possible to link/sync an android phone (or apple) to a game in unreal. Let's say you enter a room in the game and a map is updated on your cellphone. Basically, the game and the app would run at the same time and could interact with each other. The game would be on pc tho. So we would use wifi to the connexion with both of them. It's kinda hard to find some infos on the internet so im turning into you guys :)

I'm not really into programming since i learn more about modeling so i'm kinda new to this but i know for sure that with technologie today, if you want to do somethinf, there's always a way!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Velktri
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Velktri polycounter lvl 6
    Hey daviddionne,

The main way I would set this idea up is through cross-platform multiplayer.  If it's a single player game, you can set up the PC as the server and then have the mobile device join or leave your PC's hosted game at any point in time.  If it's a multiplayer, you should set up a dedicated server and have everyone join the game on PC and mobile.  After the mobile device joins, it can request which PC it wants to "Ally" with for the game and then the PC will need to verify that request.  A game with 4 human players would have 8 machines connecting to the game lobby for example.

Hope this helps!
  • daviddionne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daviddionne polycounter lvl 3
    Well it is a single player game tho... I just want the game to interact with the phone directly in local wifi