Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goblin like creature WIP My first character model.

GreenHorn
vertex
Offline / Send Message
GreenHorn vertex
Hiya all i just wanted to put some screenshots of my first character model and maybe get some feedback. 

Replies

• JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Are you working off a particular concept art or reference?

It's nice you're getting a shot in at anatomy sculpting, but lack of replies will occur without knowing what is the end goal of this piece.
  • GreenHorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GreenHorn vertex
    Well i don t have a reference nor do i have a concept art but i m trying to make a little bit of human like anatomy and goblin + hunger creature from The elder scrolls : oblivion. Lets say that i am doodling and learning to use tools in zbrush + anatomy. So the question is if at the end would creature pass as creature in game or some kind of lore.
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    Sculpt him in a more natural pose it will help a lot. Also stay low with the polys until you're happy about his big (primary) forms.
  • Gillespionage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gillespionage polycounter lvl 6
    I would recommend appending one of Zbrushes basic character models just as a reference for pose and proportions.
    That way you'll have a good base to build from :)

Also, I'd definitely recommend checking out Andrew Loomis' Anatomy Books. The way he blocks out the structure of the body parts is really handy.
    I found his "Heads and Hands" book really useful, as well as "Figure drawing for all it's worth" and "fun with a pencil"
  • GreenHorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GreenHorn vertex
    Thank you very much for a feedback.