Home Technical Talk

Can you link slider manipulators to hotkeys in 3DS MAX?

Falkbeard
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Falkbeard polycounter lvl 9

I currently have 4 sliders per leg for a horse I'm rigging and the rest of the body hasn't been touched yet. Is there a way to link certain hotkeys to a Slider Manipulator or reaction Manager?

Say I press Alt+G to move the manipulator one point, or Ctrl+G to move it back?

Replies

• Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth

<code> (<br> sel.value -= step<br> redrawViews()<br> )<br>)
    macroScript SliderManipulatorUp<br>category: "Polycount"<br>(<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; step = 0.5<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sel = selection[1]<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; if classof sel == sliderManipulator do <br> (<br> sel.value += step<br> redrawViews()<br> )<br>)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>---------------------&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>macroScript SliderManipulatorDown<br>category: "Polycount"<br>(<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; step = 0.5<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sel = selection[1]<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if classof sel == sliderManipulator do

Execute once then assign the macroscripts to hotkeys via customize>customize user interface>keyboard>category : Polycount

This would work if you select the slider manipulator first.
    Change the step for the increment value.

The slider manipulators could also be get by name if you dont want to select them manually first.

• Falkbeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Falkbeard polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks a lot!! @Noors it worked as described, one small snag tho is that it updates in real time after one key press but after being pressed multiple times it does not update until after I click off the selected slider.  Would it be possible to add a "redraw view" function to the code upon each key being pressed? 
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    i've edited the script above.