Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mayweather WIP

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Jesús_Orgaz polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys!

Im working on this model of Floyd Mayweather

all help and feedback are welcome!  :)  :):):)

Replies

• Jesús_Orgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ideas for the retopology of the beard?

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    That face is definitely Mayweather! I think you nailed his look, but his anatomy might need a second pass. Mayweather has some crazy popping abdominal muscles, so I would gather a whole bunch of reference for his abs and chest to finesse those muscles.

I'm not as great with anatomy as I'd like to be, so I wish I could offer better advice. With a model that's a boxer or fighter, you definitely want to get those muscles looking as close to the real thing as you can. With Mayweather's beard I think it's short enough to get away with a normal map and maybe some hair cards? I'm not sure how well that would work but I'm thinking that would be my way to approach it. 
  • Jesús_Orgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your cooment @dGreenberg !!
    I'm very glad that you could recognize him easily.

Im agree with you about the body, and i think i need to improve him, need to search some references to define better the muscles...
    respect of the beard, definetly i go to use planes to do it

i hope to have time this week to progress with the character!

• Jesús_Orgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Jesús_Orgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, im having problems with bake NM of  the model in Substance painter with the .OBJ from Zbrush...
    The result is it
    I think the problem is Zbrush because when i use GoZ To import the model to 3dsmax and after that i export the 3ds OBJ to painter the NM looks well...