Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Simple Acting / Critique

lucasmz
null
Offline / Send Message
lucasmz null
Hi, Guys. This is my second acting and I'd like to you guys take a look. Thanks :)

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/185079#240180

Replies

• EVernier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVernier polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, I left you some notes. I don't do a lot of acting shots, so I didn't really go over facial animation.

Right now the character doesn't have a whole lot of personality in her pose, I suggest tweaking the "default" pose she's gonna be in throughout the shot (let's say she has a hand on her hip, you wouldn't see the hand because of your camera, but you could tell that's how she's positioned if you were to tilt her shoulders, move her elbow out a bit and tilt the head.)

Some of the stuff I put on there is that you need to hold some poses, right now it feels too floaty and her head goes from left to right linearly. You can also make her focused on the right side of the screen -- have her whole body language pointing in that direction -- then add some variations to understand she acknowledges the person to the left.

Imagine she's talking to her boss and maybe the boss' secretary. Her attention will obviously be more on the boss, but she'll still glance and speak toward the secretary to a lesser extent.

I hope I'm explaining it correctly. Keep working!
  • AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Thanks for sharing! Here are some tips that helped me when learning lip-sync:

Watching yourself in a mirror is a great start.

I'll do two passes when starting lipsync which I've found to get accurate results fairly quickly-
    First I'll do an Up and Down pass on the jaw. Put your hand underneath your chin and say the lines. It's like you're animating a puppet. 
    Second I'll do the Ins and Outs (wide and narrow) of the corners of the mouth.

Sometimes when you key a mouth shape on the sound in Maya the lipsync will look late. If this happens just take all the keys and move them a few frames earlier. You can also research visemes, that's another method. Above all I'd say act it out and pay attention to how your mouth moves. 
  • lucasmz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucasmz null
    Thank you very much! It's great to improve with that tips!