Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Release] Edinburgh reference pack

Swaggletooth
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Swaggletooth polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys, as the thread title should suggest here is a large (but not comprehensive) reference pack for Edinburgh. It's the first of at least 2 packs, and this present first part contains over 1400 images and is around 10gb big. Most (if not all) of the images are in 4K and cover as many angles as possible of certain interesting buildings.

So what in particular is covered? The pack focuses on traditional buildings, most of which being the Georgian and Neoclassical styles which unusually for a Northern city make up the majority of Edinburgh's buildings:
Georgian buildings (270+ references) - covering the New Town in particular
Victorian Neoclassical (190+) - again, New Town
Gothic (170+) - Old Town and Morningside
Victoria Street & Grassmarket (109) - a particularly interesting street since it is particularly colourful and is unusually multi levelled
Hanseatic buildings (50+)
Victorian Museum Interior (31)
Traditional Tenements (144) - particularly reminiscent of the streets depicted in Dishonored, and this is probably no coincedence since Edinburgh was a major reference point for Dishonored.

The references are sorted by architectural style, and most are named so that you can find out further information on a particular building or area.

Two caveats I will mention are that firstly; there are many people present in the references - it's impossible to avoid this due to the number of tourists present, but I have done my best to take pictures with as few people as possible (on the plus side this does give you a sense of scale and how utterly enourmous some buildings are); secondly please note that I have not included Edinburgh Castle or Holyrood House, I plan on photographing them for my second pack.

Please do check it out, it's a pay what you want (if anything) kind of deal I hope it will be useful for some people!

Download link here: https://gum.co/JDaWe

Replies