Visual Purple is seeking a UE4 Developer/Programmer for full-time on-site work at our San Luis Obispo, California office for on an unannounced VR FPS. This is a staff position, and will also entail helping with the company’s various other game projects.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with Unreal Engine 4 creating multiplayer first person shooters, and the desire and drive to perform a varied set of roles within a game studio.
· Work with Directors and Leads to create compelling and effective gameplay driven training.
· Ability to stay organized and productive while working on multiple simultaneous projects.
· Ensure the timely delivery of assigned tasks.
· Drive the overall product quality forward.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· UE4 experience is required.
· Understanding of tradeoffs in engine performance, scalability, and maintainability.
· Direct work experience on game development with at least one delivered project.
· Excellent knowledge and experience designing, developing, and implementing complex software applications and gameplay elements.
· Developing for cross platform distribution (PC/Mobile/VR).
· Must be a team player capable of working as part of both small or large teams on complex and deadline driven projects.
· Ability to perform continuous integration, configuration management, version control, and testing.
· Experience and proficiency with C++
· VR Development Experience
Full-time – on-site
Must be able to relocate and work in San Luis Obispo. Due to the secure and confidential nature of these projects, outsourcing, subcontracting and off-site work opportunities are not available, and the successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug test. Sorry but due to the requirements of the background check we cannot consider non-US citizens for this position. Thanks.
iOS, PC, Android, VR
Please apply by emailing your current resume, and a list of projects with a description of your responsibilities/contributions that you have worked on to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Purple designs and builds the next generation of training. Realistic and engaging storylines form the backbone of our games. Replicating ‘real world’ experiences and creative game design, resulting in cost effective custom solutions for our clients.
Located on the central coast of California, in the heart of wine country. We are a small studio of passionate gamers that love to play and create games. If you love getting to contribute to every aspect of game design and the opportunity to grow and learn this is the team for you.
Visual Purple LLC is an equal opportunity employer.