Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: UE4 Visualisation.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Bletzkarn polycounter lvl 6
Quick background. Graduated 9 months ago with a degree in Industrial Design. Working full time as a visualisation artist.

Wanting to up my game and go from "grad" level to "we need to hire this guy!" level.

First ever personal project = UE4 Visualisation of my apartment.

Today I worked on the components for the doors:

Materials are very temporary.

I've also modelled out the basics of my living room in UE4. Be warned the lighting and GI is terrible.

Replies

• Bletzkarn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I had so many issues with these doors and getting them accurate to +-5 mm.

The challenge for me was just doing it with 100% correct topology and accurate scales. The door handle was a lot easier for example, despite being more organic.
  • Bletzkarn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to apply for a job tomorrow did this in ~60 minutes:

when I see a good job application I get filled with anxiety like "I HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT NOW" and makes me rush some work. Then I have a portfolio of half finished stuff.

Still this was fun, low mesh without seams is like 24 faces.
  • Bletzkarn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I realised my apartment wont be visually impressive, and in the real world you don't get the option to measure the home to the millimetre. So instead I'm trying to build this:

I managed to find 5 layout plans (3 levels, 2 front, 1 side, 1 back) which is slowly allowing me to decypher this absolutely ridiculous house. I also found a 3 minute video tour of the home which is filling in loose ends. Just getting the blocking out stage started has taken 2 days and a lot of starting again, I mean where to begin! the house actually has 7-9 different elevations on account of it being on a slope. I figure this will get attention if I can pull it off though.
  • Bletzkarn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay I'm taking a week off work but this project takes longer than a week. Putting a pin in it to work on a much simpler ARCHVIS project that can be completed in a week.