Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Summer Projects 2017

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Byers_Art polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys. Over the summer I wanted to focus on making 3D works from my own concepts. At my reviews they were happy with the things I presented, but they just wanted to see my own ideas and processes. 

So here is a couple of the things I worked on over the summer. 

1. For the Ogre character I tried to think of a warrior that had a little bit too much pride in war. He collects the flags from the factions of armies he has defeated. Then he wears them as accessories almost like a skirt, making sure that everyone knows who he has defeated. 

I could definitely see myself fleshing out a larger story about this guy and about the world he lives in. 
But, I plan to finish him when I can and make him game ready, but classes started so gotta focus on that. 

2. The demon head bust. For this quick project I wanted to make something I never tried before at least sculpting wise. So I thought about creatures that tend to be underground, I immediately thought of naked mole rats. So I ran with that but also looked at warthogs for inspiration for horns and wrinkling of skin.