Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: maiaemille

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
maiaemille polycounter lvl 3
Hi! My name's Mayya E. Benítez, I started as a 3d Artist in 2011. Later I realized that my passion was in 3d animation. Time for practice and polishing my skills has been difficult since I worked and studied full time. Now that I've finished my Master's Degree I can focus more on bettering myself in this medium. I'll use this sketchbook to keep track of my progress and get feedback on personal works and exercises.

Replies

• maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's my current 3D Animator Demo reel. Critiques are welcome.

• maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Exercise 01 - No Decay Bouncing Ball

• maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Exercise 02 - Bouncing Ball

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Nice demo reel, 
    if i had to say something, I'd say the three clips in the middle. (starting at the 17 second mark, and ending at the 25 second mark ) either need to be removed, or you need to show an interesting animation on those parts. I might also suggest figuring out a different way to present those animations, the look kind of bland right now. Otherwise, I really like your walks and runs, and the clips of your animations in game. 

as for your exercise.
    the second one needs more Bounce and stretch IMO. Seems a little staticky at this time. Hopefully a way more qualified animator will weigh in haha. 
  • maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Exercise 03 - Basketball Bouncing

• maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice demo reel, 
    if i had to say something, I'd say the three clips in the middle. (starting at the 17 second mark, and ending at the 25 second mark ) either need to be removed, or you need to show an interesting animation on those parts. I might also suggest figuring out a different way to present those animations, the look kind of bland right now. Otherwise, I really like your walks and runs, and the clips of your animations in game. 

as for your exercise.
    the second one needs more Bounce and stretch IMO. Seems a little staticky at this time. Hopefully a way more qualified animator will weigh in haha. 
    Hey! Thank you very much for the feedback!!
  • maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice demo reel, 

as for your exercise.
    Hey pmiller001! Thank you very much for the feedback!! :smiley:
  • maiaemille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice demo reel, 

as for your exercise.
    Hey pmiller001! Thank you very much for the feedback!! :smiley:
  • Snafubar7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snafubar7 polycounter lvl 8
    Oh cool, you worked on bloom too :o