Home Technical Talk

What are the criteria for a post in this section and why did mine get taken down?

an173
node
Offline / Send Message
an173 node
The question is in the title.

Replies

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    As for your first question, I can see at the top of the technical forum your answer. As for your second question, don't expect us to be able to answer that if you don't tell us what your thread was about.
  • an173
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    an173 node
    I am sorry, but what "first" question are you referring to? The one that got taken down and you are the admin I presume? My actual first post was about the trouble I am having baking normal maps for ue4, but it got promptly removed even though I thought the problem pertaining to the matter has been described in great detail. I even included a gif for that weird shading issue.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Maybe your firsts posts need to be reviewed by admins to prevent scam. I'm not sure. Also there's a special section for UE4 issues so maybe it got lost in translation. Anyway, there's really no harsh  moderation around here.
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    an173 said:
    What are the criteria for a post in this section
    This was your first question.

an173 said:
    and why did mine get taken down?
    This was your second question. 

I'm not an admin (you can see the title of Admins beside their name where your null is or Noor's lvl 8 is). Your description of your thread seems to fall under this category, but like Noors says, there's a specific forum for that, so maybe someone made a mistake or it's still in the scam queue and it got lost there. 

What tools are you using for baking? Did you try searching for threads that had a similar issue to yours? 
  • an173
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    an173 node
    I'm using SP, also tried xNormal with the same result. I've read through many threads before deciding to start my own. I would still like for a mod to give his reason for deleting my thread.