Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP_KowloonCity_Corridor

Hi everyone, I decided to start working on an environment piece that is inspired by the Kowloon Walled City corridor. The idea is not to just re-create from the references but to bring to life the "fallen city"- what if the place has never been taken down and this is the future of a city. This is currently a work in progress and please look forward for more updates. Will try to post as frequent as possible but I am still currently holding a full time job and this is an after-work, weekend & anytime I can, work =) 

Replies

• PooVoonKent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Manage to get some time to adjust the blockout further. Do a quick lighting pass on the transition between the corridor to the exit, just to give myself a better visual on how the mood is going to look like. Will kind of consider locking down the blockout for now as I need to start building some high poly assets. Will continue to tweak the layout a little more when closer to the finishing stage. Please feel free to comment and critique :smile:
  • aclund3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    Looking super cool so far!  Regarding the composition in the corridor, you might want to reduce the amount of details... take out a door/grid-grate thing here or there, give the eye somewhere to rest.  Its feeling really hectic.  Also, I can't quite tell what the wall material is intended to be. Painted concrete? Looking outside towards the taller building, the texture on the lower wall is a bit too strong for me. Love the atmosphere and the lighting of the exterior shot looking out through the corridor!