Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Angry Worm

JJobson98
vertex
Offline / Send Message
JJobson98 vertex
The physical model isn’t mine, I used a tutorial to paint onto the model they provided. This was practice for substance painter, as it’s my first go using it. The tutorial i followed was from Plural Sight. 

model

Replies

• Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you should look into SSS now. It would look a lot better if you use one.
    Pretty nice for a first try. :)

Edit: Also turn up your iterations in Iray settings. That will give you smoother results and better reflections.
  • JJobson98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JJobson98 vertex
    I think you should look into SSS now. It would look a lot better if you use one.

SSS? and thank you!

It's also the first time I've used Iray and the tutorial didn't cover it so it was very experimental. Thanks for the tip!
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    sss stands for subsurface scattering it makes skin look a lot better. 
  • JJobson98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JJobson98 vertex
    Sunray said:
    sss stands for subsurface scattering it makes skin look a lot better. 
    Oh thank you. I'll take a look into it. 
  • Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JJobson98 said:

SSS? and thank you!

It's also the first time I've used Iray and the tutorial didn't cover it so it was very experimental. Thanks for the tip!
    I think this will help you get started with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzR8O7Qbq4k
    Basically controls how much light passes through the surface i.e when you hold a flash light behind your hand it glows red. This effect will help it look more like skin/flesh.

Here's a good example, you see some light passing through the ears:

Don't make it too strong though. Just keep it at a healthy amount. :)
  • JJobson98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JJobson98 vertex
    JJobson98 said:

SSS? and thank you!

I think this will help you get started with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzR8O7Qbq4k
    Basically controls how much light passes through the surface i.e when you hold a flash light behind your hand it glows red. This effect will help it look more like skin/flesh.

Here's a good example, you see some light passing through the ears:

Don't make it too strong though. Just keep it at a healthy amount. :)
    Oh that's awesome! This is why I loved using Subsance, there's such a various amounts that you can do, this looks so cool so will definitely give it a go.