Home Unity

Unity 3d crashing/low memory on baking lightmaps

AFsoft
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
Hey, Almost its been a week that i am experiencing a issue while i am trying to go on with lights on a level 
Level is a big 1k x 1k map.  
i used 2 environment probes and they are set to baked mode. 
2 directional lights and they are also set to mixed mode a few point lights in the scene.
here are the pictures :

anyone knows what's going on?

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Try clearing your GI cache.
    Also, what are your system specs?

I remember getting a similar error early in the 5x cycle and baking in the 32bit version of the editor also helped, though i'm not sure if this is the same error 
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    MikeF said:
    Try clearing your GI cache.
    Also, what are your system specs?

I remember getting a similar error early in the 5x cycle and baking in the 32bit version of the editor also helped, though i'm not sure if this is the same error 
    i do clear the GI catch every time i try to bake a new level. 
    here are my system specs : 

i think its not related to the editor version of 32-bit
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why are you baking 512 texels per unit for a 512 x 512 lightmap?  Is your object 1 unit in size?
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    RyanB said:
    Why are you baking 512 texels per unit for a 512 x 512 lightmap?  Is your object 1 unit in size?
    What are you talking bout? Am i missing something? 
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Under "Lightmap Resolution" you have it set to 512 texels per unit.  That means on a 1 unit x 1 unit poly you are calculating for 512 texels.  If an object was 10 units, then it's 512 x 10 units.  But you also have lightmap size set to 512, so the entire map is maximum 512.  Try setting the Lightmap Resolution to 4 and leave the lightmap size at 512.  If the size of the lightmaps are too small, turn up the Lightmap Resolution by 4.  Continue increasing by 4 until the rendered lightmaps  have  sufficient texel resolution.  No point in calculating 512 texels per unit if you only need 4 or 8.
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    RyanB said:
    Under "Lightmap Resolution" you have it set to 512 texels per unit.  That means on a 1 unit x 1 unit poly you are calculating for 512 texels.  If an object was 10 units, then it's 512 x 10 units.  But you also have lightmap size set to 512, so the entire map is maximum 512.  Try setting the Lightmap Resolution to 4 and leave the lightmap size at 512.  If the size of the lightmaps are too small, turn up the Lightmap Resolution by 4.  Continue increasing by 4 until the rendered lightmaps  have  sufficient texel resolution.  No point in calculating 512 texels per unit if you only need 4 or 8.
    thanks i will try it.
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    RyanB said:
    looks like a mess, i am implementing other levels with '2' and they are fine :smiley:
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then you have a difference in scale between the level you are working on and the other levels.
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    RyanB said:
    Then you have a difference in scale between the level you are working on and the other levels.
    correct, i am working on 2 different platform, Mobile and PC