Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Centipede Edo Tarani Submission - Beyond Human (AS Challenge)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
bob3636 polycounter lvl 11
Hello Guys!! Wanna share with you  a concept i'm trying to execute for the Artstation Challenge,
Already learned a lot :D 
https://www.artstation.com/contests/beyond-human/challenges/24/submissions/21238 Here you can find the full thread.

This is the concept i'm trying to do By the amazing bjorn hurri. (his artstation:https://www.artstation.com/artist/bjornhurri)

This is my latest update:  

Third update. Did a more specific blockout in 3ds max, where i'm trying to progress further in details.

Also Sketched some ideas for the head

. Following the concept by bjorn he says that the centipede actually wears a mask to attract his prey, i think i'do with a some mechanical parts showing through the mask, like in the eyes area and mouth maybe.

Still lot to do.

-First i'll cleanup the mesh as much as possible in 3d max, adding details and getting more specific about the joints

- second i'll do a pass in zbrush in the areas that needs  to be sculpted like the cape/head etc. And finalize the high poly

For sure this will be a real challenge, but i'm already feel i'll improve a lot by finishing it ^^
Thanks!

Replies

• bob3636
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Day 11 Starting Refining shapes in max

Hey guys!!

Update:

Started refning stuff in the upper- torso, also went more in the specifics on how some joints will work. 

I decided to have a little fun and add a mechanical heart because i thought it was inherent with the design (very human anatomy like) and that part of the concept seemed generic enough to add it! 

Hope you like it  :)

now i have to:

-Continue this step of refining for the bottom legs

- do a general details pass in Max

- Do a final pass in zbrush and finalize the highpoly!

Wish me luck!  Cheers!

Edo.

• bob3636
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey Hey!!

I'm having fun here :smile:

Started refining some shapes of the bigger leg, to see how far i can go with details. Hopefully in the next update i'll have everything at this stage before zbrush and finalizing :smile:

Learning a lot from this exercise, has been an awesome experience so far, and i hope i can wrap it up for the end of the contest! 

Thanks guys!

Edo.

• Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    wow this is gonna look immense when it's done! looking good so far - excited to see your progress!
  • bob3636
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot man!!! much appreciated! :smiley:

• kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    Quite ambitious project. Here's hoping you can match, and even surpass the original concept.
  • bob3636
    Options
    Offline / Send Message