Home Technical Talk

[Maya 2017] Annoying problem: glitchy value slider on dual monitors

Turbopasta
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Turbopasta polycounter lvl 5
This has been irritating me for a long time and I can't figure out how to fix this on my own.

I work on a dual monitor setup, monitor 1 is to my left and monitor 2 is to my right. Maya runs on my left, so that the channel box is very close to the edge of monitor 2. If highlight a channel in the channel box, let's say Translate X, then click the number and start dragging it right to raise the value of the number, it behaves in weird ways. The number ticks up very rapidly, and when I drag the mouse left to reverse it, it doesn't recognize the change in direction until several numbers later. Changing my mouse sensitivity has no effect on this. I've also moved the channel box so that it's further away from the other screen but it still starts glitching out at around the same numbers. This essentially makes my slider useless since it takes so long for me to get things where I want them to be, since I have to keep correcting for the numbers going to high/low. 

This problem goes away if I move Maya to the other monitor, but at best that's a workaround, not a fix. It also doesn't work for the way things are set up for me personally. 

Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a solution? Anyone have any ideas on how I can figure this out? Thanks for the help.