Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

baseball fight feedback

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
tiagosol polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys,
Would be great to hear some commets and feedback about this anim.
https://www.syncsketch.com/sketch/169807#210311
cheers,

Replies

• AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Cool shot! I left some notes. The best thing you can do is act it out. If you don't have a bat grab a broom or a similar object. Pay attention to how you hold it and what your body does as you swing.

The main issues are; Lack of anticipation to create the momentum of the swing. Bigger antics allow for clearer silhouettes and stronger motion.
    Timing. There are some good beats at the start, but the end is all very even and happens quickly. Don't be afraid to let actions resolve and breath before moving on to the next action.

Once you get the correct grip on the bat and body mechanics that show a good transfer of weight and momentum it'll come together nicely. Good luck!
  • tiagosol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @AnthonyAnimation super cool feedback man!! thanks a lot! really good points you have in there.
  • LiamReynolds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LiamReynolds polycounter lvl 3
    Anthonys hit alot of the main elements. Smoothing out the baseball bat mainly on the antics and hits/follow throughs with the arcs and spacing will help sell the power as noted above - it hits objects and changes direction sometimes quite drastically (which is noted with hitting the evil peoples heads)

I would like to see more lead with the hips as you have alot of step-through swings and on the spot torque rotations but you dont feel it. i felt it on the very last one but the majority felt its all upper body and hes just swinging a bat around with only the power of his chest. But this is just expanding on why Anthony said about 'Pay attention to how you hold it and what your body does as you swing'

its a cool peice. It feels like you went for a realistic animation and a shot rather than a game combo, so i've not paid attention to the beats - but thats just me. im just watching for cool stuff to happen so i would put emphasis on body mechanics and poseing. You can push the timing of the attacks to make it hyper-realistic just to give motions that snap.
  • tiagosol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @LiamReynolds great!! yeah i think you guys are right! i could hit some different timing at the end.
    i was trying to aim for a shot rather than a game combo. I´ll try to make those hits and body with more strenght and showing better force. thanks for the feedback! really appreaciated!
  • HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    Not much I could really add as they hit almost everything. I added some notes for the end and the beginning. My question, is.... why does he toss the bag from his right hand to his left hand and then swing it back to the right hand to grab? Btw, did you use any reference for this? I'd love to see it.
  • tiagosol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys! finally had some time to update my animation with all the great feedback you gave me. It was really great to hear such good points ands comments. Here is the new version, feel free to let me know what could be improve.
    Cheers,
    https://syncsketch.com/sketch/169807#232853

@HeXiFy sorry for the late reply. I use the reference from the Raid 2. "the baseball guy" That film is crazy cool in regards of fighting coregraphies. if you like those kind of films very recommended.