Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE] Deus Ex MD - Adam Jensen's Apartment

Carlbot
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Carlbot polycounter lvl 5

Hello all,

For my latest personal project I will be recreating Adam Jensen's apartment in its entirety (excluding exterior). I will be using the concept art for reference unless there isn't any available concepts - kitchen, bathroom - for these I will use in-game references. There really isn't a deadline for this so don't expect a finished product soon but please join me for the ride :smile: 

Feel free to add c+c

Below is the current state of the level.

Replies

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Really lovely work here so far -- models, textures, and lighting. The one thing I'm noticing when I zoom in is that there's a lot of aliasing around straight lines. Is there a way you could try to eliminate that with postprocessing/tweaking settings?
  • Carlbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Carabiner Thanks for looking. To help presentation I will enable the highest aa setting and supersampling for any future posts :smiley:
  • Auldbenkenobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
    Love what you've done so far, and don't really have any critiques! Can't wait for the final piece!
  • Carlbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone

Quick update on the project. 

I have been working leisurely on this over the past few months but am ramping up production to see if I can bring it to a nearly finished state for Christmas.

Below you will see the latest updates:

As always any feedback is welcome :)
  • Carlbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back again. 

Small update - I've noticed that the scene has become a little washed out and have adjusted the lighting to bring back some more contrast.

A wardrobe (not yet complete) and microwave have been added to the scene. I will be finishing the bedside table and create a sideboard for the entrance area. For tasks for weekdays I will be making some misc props such as food packaging and mugs.

Thanks again for looking and should you have any feedback do leave it.

• Carlbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very fast update - didn't make my christmas deadline by a long shot  due to being snowed under at my day job. Here is the latest shot. For now I'm going to take care of the larger environment pieces: bed, shower cubicle etc and then move down to the more granular assets. However I've done some smaller assets lately to get back into the swing. Along with another quick pass on lighting.