Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Wip- Rachid Jatib

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
RachidJ greentooth
Hi guys 1st time posting here, I'm working on this character (Concept art by the awesome o o Joo https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GvWzW ). I would love to hear any advice on how to make it better, any mistakes that stand out, in other words anything at all that can help me out. Thank you for taking your time to help me out.  

Replies

• Dill-n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dill-n polycounter lvl 6
    Hi RachidJ welcome to the forums!

Here are some of the things that stand out to me:
    1) Biceps and forearms look too thin, especially around the wrist. 
    2) Her rib cage looks too thin as well, I'd widen it a bit
    3) From the front her calves look a bit wide, but from the side they seem a bit thin
    4) Neck is too long, her upper trapezius should probably connect lower on the neck too
    5) Its hard to see exactly from the concept because her head is turned upwards , but I'd say her whole head should be a little taller/ stretched a bit vertically.
    6) Mouth should be lower, right now there isn't much room between her upper lip and the bottom of her nose. 

Hope that helps, I've always enjoyed that concept. Interested to see your take on it  :D
  • RachidJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RachidJ greentooth
    Hello Dill-n , thank you for your feed back and the welcoming, I'm new to forums over all so I hope this is how you reply back. I'll start to correct the mistakes as soon as possible. Reposting this atm because it seems that the last one I posted did not go thru.
  • RachidJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RachidJ greentooth
    Sorry for the delay, here is an update version, clothing was definitely a challenge for me. 
  • RachidJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RachidJ greentooth
    Hello Dill-n , thank you for your feed back and the welcoming, I'm new to forums over all so I hope this is how you reply back XD,  I'll start to correct the mistakes as soon as possible.
  • RachidJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RachidJ greentooth
    Hello Dill-n , thank you for your feed back and the welcoming, I'm new to forums over all so I hope this is how you reply back XD,  I'll start to correct the mistakes as soon as possible.
  • ambelamba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
    Actually I like the basemodel because it looks fairly stylized. Heck, at least you know how to sculpt a figure. I don't.