Home Unreal Engine

Substance material look blurry in unreal

mattenic98
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
mattenic98 polycounter lvl 4
Hello everyone :)
Someone can explain me why when i import this material in unreal it look completely wrong?

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Substances imported to ue4 through the plugin default to a low resolution. You need to manually res up.

Open the instance and set your res.

• mattenic98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you show me how?
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You might want to ask a moderator to move this to the unreal subforum. I can see the color mismatch between the basecolor swatch and what's in the 3d viewport and the normal map appears to be inverted. Also metallic isn't black, which may be why the color is getting saturated.

I don't know enough about Unreal to say if it's a textures problem or texture compression/colorspace problem, or if this is happening in the global color management or simply some HDR tonemapping in the viewport. I'd start with making sure that basecolor is set to sRGB, and linear for the normal/metal/rough, and turning off post processing to see if it looks more accurate.
  • mattenic98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I already ask them but it's the same :/
    it's strange because with other material is everything fine
  • mattenic98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura said:
    Damn  :/
    ???
    I see zero effort for trying to solve it. Looks like you didn't even open up the instance or anything. AAAAAAA its blurry. Then someone tells you what to do, again, no try, no search no nothing and you rather want him to show you. Comon, if its really hard to find that parameter then you can google it and it will  surely tell you. You already know the direction, and I hope he won't show you.

Might sound harsh but well...
  • mattenic98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura said:
    I see zero effort for trying to solve it. Looks like you didn't even open up the instance or anything. AAAAAAA its blurry. Then someone tells you what to do, again, no try, no search no nothing and you rather want him to show you. Comon, if its really hard to find that parameter then you can google it and it will  surely tell you. You already know the direction, and I hope he won't show you.

Might sound harsh but well...
    Don't worry to be harsh i'm just learning so critiques are ok
    Before i wrote here i tried  to solve the question alone (like change roughness, metallic,adjustment etc) with no good results.
    The reason that i ask to show me was  because i never change the instance parameter of a substance material (all materials were ok by default) , however i learn how to change it. (looks better but is still different)
  • NodrawNT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NodrawNT polycounter lvl 6
    The tiling seems different between the two apps. You should search how to adjust it in the UE4, then it might look better
  • Klawd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klawd polycounter lvl 7
    How big is that tile you are testing your material on?
    How much tiling have you set in the material? (default is 1 if you don't use a TextureCoordinate)
    What is the resolution set in the Substance Graph Instance (it's created automatically when you import a sbar try opening it)?
  • mattenic98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klawd said:
    How big is that tile you are testing your material on?
    How much tiling have you set in the material? (default is 1 if you don't use a TextureCoordinate)
    What is the resolution set in the Substance Graph Instance (it's created automatically when you import a sbar try opening it)?
    Tile is 1 but when i import the material in Unreal it became 0.4 in fact is way too large
    Default resolution is 512, but i change it in 1024
  • Klawd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klawd polycounter lvl 7
    And? You have to realize that you are not giving us much to work with.

Anyway, you can try this: open the material, add a TextureCoord and plug it in all the texture samples. Then change the TextureCoord node x-y values to change the tiling of the material.

Also your Substance Designer is probably set to 2k resolution so to match that increase the 1024 in the Substance Graph Instance to 2048. 

• mattenic98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solved with new substance plugin update.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message