3D Visual Senior Artist
Wayfair is building a Creative team to produce a high volume of compelling interior and product imagery using a new internally-developed workflow.
The 3D Visual team is a new and rapidly growing group working on highly visible projects and driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are actively recruiting highly driven and motivated individuals. Our team works quickly; it is important that applicants thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under the pressures of ambitious deadlines.
The 3D Visual Senior Artist will lead and mentor a team of artists, must have expert technical skills in our suite of software, and have the portfolio to show for it. We are looking for someone consistently able to produce high quality, photo-realistic 3D imagery under tight production deadlines. You will work alongside other Senior Artists, both producing content and mentoring a growing team of junior artists. Successful candidates will have the passion, drive, and desire to constantly improve.
In this role you will:
- Create photo-realistic 3D lifestyle and product imagery for Wayfair’s brands.
- Apply a strong knowledge of lighting, materials, composition, & color theory. You can be relied upon as a credible expert on 3D rendering topics.
- Lead a group of six artists, working within a larger art team. Provide mentorship, advice, and support to help your group quickly output high quality imagery.
- Collaborate with other senior artists to develop and maintain a strong 3D photo-realistic image pipeline.
- Critique team artwork and be able to articulate how to manipulate images to completion.
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max, V-Ray 3.x, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lighting, camera, composition, modeling, materials, and color theory.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams.
- Artist mentorship or teaching experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, work against a deadline, and have a high degree of comfort with constant change.
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Positive “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor.
- This is a full-time onsite position at our headquarters in Boston USA.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
Do not post links to your portfolios, instead please go to our website to apply. https://jobs.wayfaircareers.com/jobs/oW9y5fws/3D+Visual+Senior+Artist?lang=en-US
Feel free to ask questions. But please read the forum guidelines first.