Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Metal Drum, improving Maya and Texturing

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
jesusblasco polycounter lvl 2
Hi, today I want to share with you my current project I am working on, it's a 2k poly Metal drum.

The idea is to improve maya workflow, baking and getting a lot better at texturing.

Substance Painter 2 bake: 

I will keep posting as I continue, thanks for reading.

Replies

• Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    so far, so good. Nice optimization. make sure the pics of your models have AA enabled from now on. Toolbag render or something. Also align the dimensions of your uploaded pics so it looks nicer presentation-wise, composition is always a factor.

Go nuts with the texture. Everyone does a barrel at least once so be sure to push it and get all the texturing practice you can out of it. 
  • jesusblasco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @Polygoblin for giving me all those advices, I will be more careful with my renders next time.

I started with the texture, I will drop here a youtube video with a fast turnarround from marmoset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpW2FxlQjU8

It's still on development, but this is my progress so far, I still need to add a LOT more weathering to the barrel, also want to add some labels to the barrel, right now playing a lot with roughness/metallic values and understanding them.

• jesusblasco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finished my texture and model.

I will drop here a few pics of my final render inside Marmoset toolbag 3 and my maps. I learned a lot of texturing techniques in the process ;).

Thanks to @BradleyWascher for his amazing Maya tutorial!

model

What do you think ? I still feel that I need to improve a lot, now I will be focusing on my next project.

Thanks!