Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Deep Meditation

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Zeku polycounter lvl 4
Hello everyone, my name is Guillem and I'm a 3D student from Barcelona. This is my first post, and I will share to you the project that I'm doing in Zbrush. Please feel free to give any type of feedback / tips / resources! I will be working in this project until the end of the month. My idea is to do the sculpt with Zbrush and the texture with Substance Painter. Maybe also shoot some renders later. 
Thanks for the help!!

(Forgive me if I misspell something or ther are some gramatical errors, english is not my native language but I'm trying my best :smile:)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok, let's start! My first idea with the project was something I've had in my mind for a while ago. The idea is to make a corpulate man in a meditation pose [floating on the air], with the hands extended and opened, and a ball on top of both. One ball is the opposite of the other (light/dark, fire/water, harmony/discord, etc...).From the balls leave a "magic torrent" that go all across the body frome one ball to another.
The corpulent man has the eyes all opened and all filled with one colour. He has also corruption scars (Old Republic reference here) arround the eyes.
On the chest, where the heart is, a deep hole with the same scars on the eyes. And on the head, I'm doubting if leave him bald or make a Super Sayan style hair.

With all of that explained, let's jump to the project.
[ 1 ] 

I started with ZSpheres to make the pose of the body and try to do good proportions because I'm bad at it. With the pose done, I've added some musculature (WIP) using traditional references of muscles (Studying anatomy 24/7 to get the best representation). Later, I've added the legs clothes trying to represent the cloth material the best I can. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[ 2 ]

After that, I focused the hands. They are very important for me because it's really hard to do it well. I'm trying to represent the hands making force.
The old master sculptors used to work more on the hands than the face so... WIP forever...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

[ 3 ]

For the head, I started with a base mesh and sculpted without references. Whe the shape was clear, I used references for the ears, mouth and eyes.
Not convinced at all with the result, but still working on it. For the hair, I would like to make some Super Sayan hair but with a realistic form. Trying some experiments... WIP again, I will never stop retouching...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

So thats all for now, I still retouching the anatomy parts and the next part I will focus are the shoes. As I said before, every feedback is apreciated since I'm still learning the software and sculpting in general. (Scared of Substance Painter :( )
I will update the post every time I finish a certain goal.

[If the post has some formatting error or there are something wrong please let me know!]

Replies

• Zeku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeku polycounter lvl 4
    Update!
    I've been working today on the model! Here are the updates I've done:

[ 4 ]

Added some detail to the hands, fixed the nails and retouched some proportions. Still WIP...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

[ 5 ]

Added the heart hole, trying to keep it realistic. Also I've retouched the height of the shoulders and added the shoes. Will work more on the hole and the scarfs. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

[ 6 ]

Finally I've made some scars to the face. Lot of work left in the face to make the scars realistic.
    When tears leave scars...

This is the model right now. Added the two future balls and removed the hair. I like the bald version but I will try to make him some fancy hair.

• Zeku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeku polycounter lvl 4
    Update 2! 
    I've been working a bit more on the model! 

I've merged all the parts together and optimized the body. The scars are now more defined and the body has a bit more detail. 
    Work to do: A very fancy power balls, a good pair of shoes, and I will try to turn the head to the left a bit to break the symmetry.
    I'm advancing real fast in the Substance Painter software, it's like magic! Soon some base textures to the model.

• Zeku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeku polycounter lvl 4
    Update 3!
    The model is finally done!! I've done a turnarround in Zbrush because the file it's too big for Sketchfab. Next steps are retopo and a good Uvs for the texture. For the balls I'll try Houdini or Maya particles and render it later.

https://youtu.be/RqKQs00nU1w  (Don't really know how to insert videos here -.-")

Pic if you prefer:

The critics and coments are always welcome!