Project Genius (Genius Party Beyond - small movie)
So I've been heavily inspired by this small movie to recreate it as a small interior environment. This is my first full interior, but I feel I've wanted to create an environment I love. I don't want to go full realism on this, but rather try and capture the character of the place. It's also a very dull environment in terms of color, so I would like to see what I can do there.
What I want out of the project:
- Gain experience using the Unreal Engine 4
- Create Modular Assets and work efficiently
- Gain experiences creating PBR materials in Substance Designer
- Use 3DS Max (I have experience in it before, but I want to use it as my main modelling software and use Blender for skyrim modding)
- Integrating and understanding of Texel Density within my environment
- to try and give the environment character and help tells it's story.
- 512 PPM (basically going to create 1024x1024 textures to use on a 2m x 2m plane for walls, floors and ceiling)
- 1-2 month/s project
Here are all of the screenshots I'm using as reference for recreating the environment: http://imgur.com/a/j9ds4
I've started drawing a floor plan based on the video:
Living Room - used for teddy storage, lounging and watching TV. has en-suite bathroom with alien in back (watch the video xD)
Kitchen - 2nd most space used. for food prep, and material prep for creating the substance that is used to create life in toys
Hallway - not used often, but can be used for storage as the kitchen and living room are small.
Robot room - very small room with storage. also houses a robot sitting in a chair connected to a machine keeping it alive.
- block out
- begin planning materials + statics
- replace everything with statics (keep at right texel density)