Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Josh Swanson

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
j_swan polycounter lvl 6
Daily Zbrush sketches for fun with no expectations . :)

Replies

• j_swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_swan polycounter lvl 6
    Decided to try my hand at doing a Battletoads character in 3D. There's already some great ones out there but I wanted to do my version of it. This is pretty rough but I need to move on to other things on today's schedule, I'll look to revisit this guy later and fix the anatomy (especially the hands).
  • j_swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_swan polycounter lvl 6
    Quick sketch of a mother pig. Practicing pig anatomy for some future creature designs. I could fix the legs and add textures later. maybe.

• j_swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_swan polycounter lvl 6
    I used the pig model as a starting point for a creature design as part of my upcoming game project Cyborg Savior (which I'll be posting about shortly). This was a couple hours of work, lots more left to do.

• j_swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_swan polycounter lvl 6
    Quick IN-GAME test of the model, just to make sure it looks decent in a game context. Testing out how it looks in Unity lighting, and from different camera angles and distance. I'll make a new thread dedicated to my game soon.

• j_swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_swan polycounter lvl 6
    Its been a busy 20 days since my last post, been watching a ton of tutorials by Mike Pavlovich and increasing my zbrush skills every day.
    Here's a character I made in about 10 days from scratch - NO base model. I wanted to make my own base mesh that had a certain anatomy to it. Took me quite a bit to really tweak it into place. Once that was done, making all the clothing and accessories went by pretty fast.

I'm going to resume work on my game project, but I'm definitely going to come back to this model, touch it up a little and make it into a game asset that will be playable!