Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Creating Stuff for my Rigging Demo Reel

Shurkuris
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Shurkuris polycounter lvl 3
I'm currently a college student and I'm focusing my study into my Rigging and Python Demo Reel.

This is my first pass at how to present this Asset in a Demo Reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHwTeiXhZfk

Other things I will do for this Demo Reel piece...

-Reduce the total time for an Asset to 15-20 seconds. 26 is currently just a tad to long.
-Eventually remove the top left clip which has the playblast. I will be rendering in Blender's Cycles.
-Replace the Top Left with some Text (E-Mail, Artstation, More Information, etc...)
-Have Text tell the capabilities of the Rig (Bottom Left)
-Re-record to streamline the capabilities of the Rig.
-Work on video transitions
-Based on some current feedback (And reviewing my favorite Rigging Demo Reels), I should only keep 2 panes open at a time, so it's not so cluttered and overwhelming)

Model: Kaitlin Cassidy
Rigging, Python, Animation: Eric Carroll
Programs: Maya, NUKE, Blender, Adobe After Effects

I'm using this Asset to practice on how to present them. It's more than enough Animatable, but I want to at some point redo the Rig. To fix limitations and make the Rig more professional.

So I'm now working on other Assets so I don't get bogged down on this "Aurora" character.

I'd welcome any Feedback on my presentation!

My next Rigging project is this Poddling.

Model: Adam Rhoades (Artstation Link)

I just finished putting all the joints down and completing an initial weighting pass.

Replies