Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Raubahn Fanart (FFXIV - Stormblood)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
starflare polycounter lvl 4
Hi there!

It's my first post here in Polycount! My name is Patricia Rodríguez, I go as Starflare on the internet, and I'm a video game 3D artist. I recently started streaming on Twitch the process from scratch of this character from Final Fantasy XIV - Stormblood. It's a game-ready fanart and I'm sort of improvising on style. It's the first male character I model and there's a lot of learning for me in this project.

Here a quick reference sheet: 

I have been uploading to Twitter a picture of everyday's progress from Twitch. I thought I might as well upload it here and get some feedback from you guys. It's more than welcome. Still a long way to go anyway!

Day 1: Got some rough shapes going. I really wanted to do hard edges and opt for a more cartoon-style thing (even though it turned out with more "realistic proportions" right now). Kinda my first male head, but I was surprised it actually looked like a manly-man!

Day 2: Got some more general blocking to have closer proportions to the character.

Days 3-4: Managed to do some anatomy. I'm pretty sure I should push the volumes a little bit, but I'm still not quite sure how. Still, the character will have quite a bit of clothes over him, so I'm not too too worried. Mostly interested for practice! Also, did some minor changes to the face (something that I will be doing throughout the process, I'm sure).

Day 5: Did some retopology. I had different subtools in ZBrush so I thought it would be a good time to get a nice topology, merge them together by projecting and keep working on the shape some more with everything together.

This is it for now! I'm trying to stick to a schedule to stream the process, so during the week there will be more updates on Polycount. I hope I remember to update here! Posting on Twitter is way easier.

Thank you everyone for dropping by and helping me out :)

---
And just in case someone's curious:
You can check other work in ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artist/starflare
Twitch channel: 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/starflarecrafts

Replies