Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ara online

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ronaldo82 polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm exposing a work of mine here, and would like some feedback.

This character that i make on Gilberto Magno's workshop.

Unfortunately I have not found out who this concept belongs to, but as soon as I find out, I will put the credits.

thank you all

Replies

• Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Can you post the concept art? Model looks pretty solid, but there are some things that are bugging me. I can't tell if it's something with the design or your interpretation. 
  • ronaldo82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, here is the concept,
    thanks for the answer !!

• Mateus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    It looks very nice.
    I wanna take that workshop as soon as he opens new classes.
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Hmmm, so my biggest gripe is actually with the design. It has so many colour and contrast changes on each element that it makes the forms hard to read overall. I made a paint over to show what colour scheme I would go with, but it's a pretty big change, so you can disregard it if you want :)
    torsojpg

Just for fun in this pic I also changed the design of her gauntlets in an attempt to make her arms more readable. 
    torsojpg

One of the more difficult elements of creating concept art is interpreting what the design will look like in 3D. Sometimes it doesn't work out and the 3D artist has to tweak it to make it work; usually with input from the concept artist and the art director. Anyways, it's probably too late in the game to make geo tweaks, but I thought I'd share my two cents worth :)
  • ronaldo82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well observed Quasar, I had not noticed this confusion with the colors ...
    I tried to make this model as close as possible to the concept ..
    In my next work I will take into consideration what you said.

thank you !