Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game modelling - first try

node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
JetX node
Hi all, this is my first work in gamedev dirrection (and my first work at all). It will be great to know, what another people think about it. I deccided to learn ewerithing about modelling, texturing and rig. Hope it is not to much.
Thx for your reply.

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    If this is your first model you should be happy, it looks good :smile:

As for feedback I would say that you could remove a lot of edgeloops on the turret and you would probably have to make the treads way lower poly. Although I would like to know what someone more experienced with making tanktreads for games would say.
    The textures are good but too flat, if you look at this image you can see that the cast-metal turret is noisy and uneven, same with the body.
    I don't know if the camouflage you've added is historically correct but it looks to saturated 

• JetX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JetX node
    Many thanks for your tips. I'm fully agree with all u said, the tank treads are not cheap, but World of Tanks use this method, so hopefuly it works. And the thing with saturation i dont even noticed, it was a feeling if something is wrong... :)
  • ZeroStrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroStrike polycounter lvl 8
    As someone else who is currently working on a tank model (Panzer 4) Looks good so far. I would need to do more research on the T-34 to find if there is more things to be added or changed. If this is your first model, you should be pretty happy. My first models where not this good. lol