What would be the best (easiest) way to align high poly and low poly meshes for baking in substance painter? My workflow so far goes like this:
1. Create base low poly model in 3ds max
2. Import LP mesh to Zbrush. Dynamesh -> Sculpt details -> Decimate -> Export (fbx) to 3ds max.
3. Import HP export to same scene with LP in Max and align objects and also scale HP to match LP.
4. Necessary modifications to LP to match HP mesh and after that unwrap LP.
5. After unwrapping export LP to Zbrush, align LP and HP meshes and then export HP mesh for baking.
6. Open LP in Substance and bake HP details on it.
-I cannot align final meshes in Max cause it crashes because of too many polygons (due HP model in scene). Is there an easier way to align these meshes somehow?
- point 3: Is there a way to match the scale and position for HP sculpting model in Zbrush to match imported LP model so I wouldn't need to rescale and reposition meshes again in Max when sculpting is finished?
-Is there a better workflow to align these objects than my current workflow? Should I bake with some other software instead than substance? I think its quit easy to bake in SP because of "baking by mesh names" as then I don't have to separate objects.