Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

KSBD - Zoss [Character WIP]

aaronhiggins
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
aaronhiggins polycounter lvl 3
This is gonna be a fairly long project for me so I'm just gonna keep this updated anytime I make a significant change/addition. 

I'm making a model, and a rig, of the Conquering King Zoss from the webcomic "Kill Six Billion Demons."  I'm using this project to teach myself a variety of things; handpainted textures, facial rigging, human anatomy and proportions, and dealing with cloth in general. Maybe even some VFX on the side.

I've never really done something this complex before, so I'm really just looking for critique and advice, as much as I can get.

Replies

• aaronhiggins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the references I'm working with:

And here's what I have so far: 

Very early stages right now (started today.) Not sure what I want to do with the ears or beard/neck yet. Eyes look kinda goofy but they helped me get a better sense of proportion. No clue how I want to do the hair. 

Any horrible, glaring issues I should deal with before moving further?
  • aaronhiggins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Head and beard are coming together. Something still feels a little off to me, but I can't quite figure it out. Does anyone know anything about making/rigging eyelids?

Moving onto the body next. 

• aaronhiggins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Life is catching up to me but I've finally found some time to work on this again. Finished the primary forms I think, planning on painting in secondary and tertiary. Not sure if he's beefy enough, dude's gotta be able to cleave giant angels in half. Still need to figure out eyelids and what kind of geometry I'll need for the knees/elbows/shoulders in order for them to deform properly. 

As always, would appreciate feedback of any kind.