Home Technical Talk

Maya - Bend deformer adds only ShapeOrig

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
gestoryscht polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys,
new to Maya and I want to bend a few steps to a circle shape. For this I want to add a bend deformer and here the problem starts.
I don't get the bend controls - just a new ShapeOrig history entry.

-> Selecting the mesh I want to deform
-> Deform - Nonlinear - Bend
-> No controls.

What am I doing wrong?

I

I think this is a pretty basic question, but I can't find any solution by searching through web.

Thanks for you help!

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys,
    new to Maya and I want to bend a few steps to a circle shape. For this I want to add a bend deformer and here the problem starts.
    I don't get the bend controls - just a new ShapeOrig history entry.

-> Selecting the mesh I want to deform
    -> Deform - Nonlinear - Bend
    -> No controls.

What am I doing wrong?

I

I think this is a pretty basic question, but I can't find any solution by searching through web.

Thanks for you help!

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, that's not normal. I'd try opening the option box for creating a bend, and do Edit>Reset Settings and try again.

If that doesn't work, there may be some issue with your mesh. Try duplicating it, or do Mesh>Cleanup, checking for Lamina/Nonmanifold. Or delete maya preferences.
  • gestoryscht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gestoryscht polycounter lvl 7
    Nope, there is no problem with the mesh and the settings.
    I opened up a new file, added the deformer with default settings and the same happens again.

Deleted the whole preferences - nothing.
    The weird thing is, it works before but after deleting the deformer and setting up a new one, this 'error' appears.

Maybe I pressed some magical shortcuts ~

EDIT: Oh okay. It works now. Dont know why, but it works now.
    I deleted the preferences, restart Maya, reset them again, restart Maya, reset them a third time and start maya ... now it works ... okay :dizzy:

Anyway. Thanks for your help :smile:
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You may have broken it a bit by deleting the deformer depending on how you did it. The proper way would be to delete history on the object.